buyOk, so this is what most of you are waiting for. You’re in luck coz this is probably the clearest and the most detailed procedure you’d ever find on the mighty net on how to buy stocks from COL.

The way to do this is to look at the image first and read the description that follows.

Let’s start.

1The email confirmation from COL will look like the image on the right. It will give you your username (which is actually your account #) and your password. It tells you to change your password when you log in. The web address of COL Financial is given so you either click that or type it on the address bar. I strongly advise that you DO NOT click a link inside an email EVER! No matter how much you trust the email sender, it’s always wise to just go ahead and type the site address yourself.

Type colfinancial.com on the address bar and it will take you to COL’s homepage. (You may want to add it to your ‘Favorites’ and place on your Bookmarks bar so that it’s easy for you to go back each time).

1b

Type in your acct. # & password and click ‘log in’.

1c

This (image above) is how your own Homepage will look like. You will see your account info including your initial deposit (Equity Value). (By the way, this is a real, new account I just opened for 1 of our kids, and I’m actually doing these actions for his account).

1d

Click ‘Change Profile’ to change password.

As shown above, on the very bottom, click ‘Edit’.

Choose a password that’s easy for you to remember and hard for others to guess. Mine is the most famous password on earth … 123456 (weh!) lol

Type in your current password on the 1st box, and your new password on the 2nd and 3rd box, then click ‘Change Password’. You will then be asked to re-log in using your new password. Just follow Step 2 above.

We’re now ready to buy our first stocks. But before you do, make sure that the market is open. Market hours are M-F, 9:30am-11:30am, 1:30pm-3:30pm.

Hover your cursor to ‘Trade’ and click ‘Enter Order’. On this page, you would fill in 3 boxes: Stock Code, # of Shares and Price. If you are a member of Truly Rich Club, you already know, or at least have some idea, which stocks to purchase. But for those who don’t, well, what are you waiting for? You’re missing out on being truly rich! So, go ahead and click here! (plug in lang po)

Kidding aside, this tutorial is not just for TRC members but for all those wanting to be financially free.

Click on ‘Stock Code’ to get the 3 letter code of your company choice.

For this account, I’m buying Ayala Land, Inc. So, I type ALI on the 1st box. And all info about ALI will appear. Now, don’t get too overwhelmed by all the figures you see. The most important ones are those I’ve enclosed in boxes: Bid, Ask and Board Lot. All the rest, you can just ignore.

The 2nd box you will fill in is the ‘# of Shares’, so look at the Board Lot to know the minimum # that you can buy. In this case, the minimum we could buy is 100 shares. If we want to add more, it has to be in multiples of 100. Not 105, 110 or 150. It should be 200, 300, 400, 500 and so on.

On the 3rd box, put in the Price you want to buy the shares for. Now, always remember this: BUY at the Ask, and SELL at the BID. For easy recall, do the acronym B.A.S.B. (Up to you to find meaning of those letters, but for me it’s — Basta Ako Sexy & Beautiful! walang kokontra! :p

I will do a separate in-depth post on the subject of Bid and Ask, but for now, since we’re buying, let’s look at the prices on the ASK column. If you want an immediate execution of your order, always refer to the price on the first row coz that’s the lowest price being asked by the sellers. In this case, it’s 26.30.

Again, our order is 100 shares of ALI at 26.30/share, for a total of Php2,630.00. So, why is it Php2,652.79? Click on ‘Preview Order’ for details.

You’d see that our order is Php2,630 (26.30/share x 100 shares) + VAT and other charges amounting to 22.79 = Php2,652.79. Confirm order by putting your password.

This is the confirmation message you get once you confirm your order. And if you wanna buy some more, just click ‘Place another order’.

It’ll take us again to the order page. Note the remaining amount we have on our account (Php2,347.21). What can I buy with that amount? Again, if you’re a member of Truly Rich Club, you know that you should only trust giant companies like BPI, BDO, SMC, etc.

12a

For this account, I’m buying BDO, so I write that on the 1st box.

The Board Lot says 10 so we could only buy in multiples of 10. And since I still have more than 2k on this account, I can afford to buy up to 30 shares (2nd box).

For the 3rd box, I should put 76.55 since it’s the lowest Ask price for BDO. But, let me show you what’s going to happen if I buy the shares at the price shown on the 2nd row (76.60), instead of the lowest price being Asked.

My total is Php2,320.74 including charges. We do the same process as we did with the previous order. Confirm by putting password.

Now, to double check our transactions or to see the details of our orders, hover your cursor to ‘Trade’ and click on ‘Trading History’. Since, we’re just checking today’s, just click on ‘Show Orders’ right away.

When you look at this table (above), read from the bottom coz that’s your very 1st transaction.

So, our ALI order was Accepted and Posted but not Executed. Why? Well, I had to call COL’s hotline #651-5888 to ask. haha. Like I said I don’t claim to know everything.

Apparently, my order was not executed at the ASK price I placed (26.30) because all the shares selling at that price were already bought (it’s 1st come, 1st served basis).

I had 2 choices then: either I wait till the market closes and see if another seller will offer ALI shares at my BID price of 26.30 OR cancel my order and just buy at the current lowest ASK price of 26.40. I went for choice #2. (My next post would be on ‘How to Cancel Order’).

Now, let’s take a look at our BDO order.

17a

BDO was Accepted and Posted at 76.60 BUT Executed at 76.55. Remember that 76.55 was the lowest price being Asked. Meaning, even if you buy the shares at a higher price, your order will still be executed at the lowest Asked price.

And that’s how you buy stocks. Hope you learned something.

To end this tutorial, let me just show you how our Portfolio looks like. Hover your mouse to ‘Trade’ and click ‘Portfolio’.

Your ‘Available Balance’ is the total amount (deposit) you have on your account, including the amount you spent on your orders even if they’re not executed yet.

‘Buying Power’ is the amount that you can use to either buy or withdraw as cash. Meaning, it’s readily available for you to use. (Note that COL withdrawal has a process you should follow. Watch out for my post about it).

The ‘Market Price’ is the current price your shares is selling at. We bought ALI at 26.40 and now it’s selling at 26.35, so it’s actually a loss for me.

However, since we are not doing active trading but rather, long-term investing, it doesn’t matter if the prices go down in the days to come.

Why? Because we’re holding these shares for years — 10 years the least.

I will transfer ownership of this account when my son reaches the age of majority. And since I’m betting on giant companies like Ayala Land and BDO, I’m pretty sure they’d still be here and doing great by that time. (That’s accd to Bro. Bo).

So, no worries!

(If you liked this post, pls. pass it on by clicking the tweet, like or share buttons above. Your questions or comments may be posted below).

Thanks & God bless,

joeysig

P.S. The Truly Rich Club is a membership Club that Bro. Bo Sanchez had created to help people achieve Financial Wealth and Spiritual Abundance. It is a private group of individuals who have decided to do something about changing their beliefs and thinking—to gain the abundance mentality they need to change their lives forever. Bro. Bo provides them with the right tools, principles, and strategies to grow in their financial and spiritual life.

44 Thoughts on “How to Buy Stocks

1. Jaclie lyn M.Paler on July 15, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

May i know about the difference between Ayala Land & Ayala Corporation, SM and the other company that with SM initial also.. Where can i see the detail about this top company, i want to know them more before placing my money on them. Please help.

• joey on July 16, 2013 at 3:58 am said:

Do you already have a stock account? Because if you do, the details can be found when you log in to your account. Just type the stock codes to get all the details. And, there’s always Google.

2. Thank you, I learned a lot for this tuts.

3. hi brod! i want to buy stocks from BDO, but i work here in Canada. please explain to me how? thank you & god bless.

4. Thanks for this post, I’ve learned a lot.

5. Michael Quintao on September 9, 2013 at 7:36 am said:

Can i buy multiple stock with my first initial deposit of PHP5,000 and how much i can fund my account every month, for example i brought 3 companies ?

• Yes. At most I would advise to buy 2 companies, just to save on the charges. You may fund it with whatever amount (at least 500 to avoid bank charges). thx

6. Hello, Bo mentioned about transferring of account ownership is that possible to transfer to one of youre family member?
    What if something wrong happen to the account owner and theres is no will, can a wife or kids can claim the ownership of the account?

• It’s just like ordinary bank accounts. It can’t be transferred. If the owner dies, the account will be frozen and will automatically form part of his estate. And the heirs would have to go through the extrajudicial process. They would have to pay the necessary taxes, produce the needed documents, etc. before they could claim the same.

7. Jerry Lura on September 18, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

Mam Joey,

Can I invest to different companies using EIP and using SAM update provided by TRC under one COL account?

• Yes, you may. EIP is where you schedule to buy a particular stock every month, whether high or low, for a certain period of time (e.g. 2 yrs, 5 yrs). This uses Peso-Cost Averaging Method.

8. Thank you so much Joey! you have answered my question. Its comprehensive and in lay mans term! As if you’re at my back while I’m at my computer! I have not opened my account yet as I am abroad, I will do so when I go home in December. I will definitely read this again once I’m all set and ready to invest.
    Many many thanks and God bless you always!! xx

9. Leandro on October 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

Hi Joey, I want to open a COL account. I read the instructions and i have a few questions.

I’m an OFW from Qatar and I’m planning to open the COL Starter and currently printing the application form.

Question, where will i send my documents for approval? I watched a video with Mr. Alan and you Ms. Joey saying that i can send documents via email, but I’m not sure where to send them.

Also do i need to send only 1 copy of any government ID?

thanks

10. Jemilyn Bagtas on October 17, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Hi Ms. Joey,

Before anything else allow me to say thank you for this easy to follow tutorial. I am a new member of trulyrichclub and before i open an act with col of course i wanna study it first. My question is after your initial deposit and purchase of a certain company for example bdo, on your next deposit, is it recommended to purchase the same company again or its better to buy a different one? This is really confusing me and wants a better way of investing my money. Hope u can help. Thank u.

• You may either add more shares or buy new companies. But remember, it’s not so much about the # of companies in your Portfolio, but the # of shares per company.

• Ireene Valencia on May 5, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

2Vz8Ai2KYfsR

Hi!
        What if i have already stocks in my portfolio and the advise of Bro. Bo for the whole month is to stop buying for a particular stock in my portfolio. Where should i invest my regular share for this stock( since i have to equally divide my investment among the stocks in my portfolio monthly) – should i buy a new stock as recommended by Bro. Bo in his listings which is not yet in my portfolio and with a BUY recommendation , OR, should I buy additional shares for the other stocks in my portfolio?

• joey on July 7, 2014 at 11:15 pm said:

SAM is just a guide. You may choose to follow or not. As long as the companies you have are great companies, then it’s ok to keep adding shares since anyways we’re here for the long term. But you may also want to follow our SAM coz we have a great strategy in that we have a buy below price to guide us in maximizing our earnings.

11. Raymund on October 18, 2013 at 5:27 pm said:

Thank you Ms. Joey. Learned a lot from you. God bless =)

12. Nicolas E. Pascual Jr. on November 26, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

wala bang usapan tagalog dito panay english naman ata nakikita ko tapos maid to invest ang title ng libro mukhang mahirap maging mahirap kasi panay naka pag aral naman ata naka invest sa stock market

• Pwede naman po mag tagalog. Ung maid po ni bro Bo hindi naman nag e English. Pero mayaman na sya. Nagkataon lang po kasi na blog ito and this is available worldwide so kahit saang bansa po pwede. English kasi ang standard language sa web.

13. juwelyn penales on December 27, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

Ma’am, hapi holidays! ask ko lng po what does it mean by partially executed? thanks 🙂

• It means there were just a few shares left at the price you bid for. Just wait till other sellers take you for your offer. If none, the order not executed would be automatically cancelled at the end of trading day. Just wait.

14. Malu Velez on January 13, 2014 at 6:51 am said:

Hi! Ma’am Joey,
    Just bought my share / stocks first time just this month Jan.7. While checking your tutorial on How To Buy Stocks I realize I do it other way the EIP its not the TRC way. What shall I do? And i put it automatic that mean they will buy it for me every month. Do you think I can change to the TRC way. Please advice.
    Thanks
    Malu

15. Clares on February 4, 2014 at 5:26 am said:

Thanks to people like you, the future looks brighter already!

16. Hi ms. Joey,

just want to know kung pwede bang mag cashflow ako..just to support my monthly financial needs. once siguro okay na yung financial obligations ko… papasok na din ako sa investment. pwede ba yun?

Rem

17. emelyn b. aniceto on March 14, 2014 at 5:58 pm said:

hay!!!!! thanks God… im a litle bit enlightened… thankz sis joey… a very great help to us starters… i am now ready to open my account and docs be 4 pick up…hehe…thanks much….
    wag lang po kayong magsawa sa kakulitan ko…coz im will still ask many questions later…hope you’l answer…

18. emelyn b. aniceto on March 14, 2014 at 6:25 pm said:

ahm…sis joey.
    un po bang pag bibili ay ginagawa araw araw o buwan2?

19. Hi Joey, Many thanks for the detailed instructions. You mentioned that “orders will be executed at the lowest ask price”. If for example Bo’s stock update states that the Buy below price for BDO is 80.00 (hypothetically), does this mean that I can place my order at 76.75 (even if other listed “ask prices” are lower e.g. 76.70, 76.55, etc)? Doing so would mean a higher chance of my order being executed and COL would still be able to purchase it for me at the lowest price possible (e.g.at 76.55 if stocks are available). Did I understand it correctly? Thanks

• It means the lowest available ASK price during your trading. Doesn’t have anything to do with our SAM’s BBP.

You can actually bid for a different lower price but it’s not guaranteed to be executed that same day if there are no sellers offering at that price.

If you’re a member of Truly Rich CLub, pls join us on April 6 where we will be doing COL tutorials.

20. Arline Centra on April 9, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Hi Ms. Joey, I’m few weeks old in TRC and just paid the COL initial equity value of P5k. You said earlier that “partially executed” means there were just few shares left for bid and have advised to wait till other sellers take an offer. If there’s none, the order not executed automatically cancelled at the end of the trading day. My question is, does it mean the amount use for buying returned to my equity? Thank you!

21. Hi, Ms. Joey. I’m just a new member of TRC. And just open an account in COL 3 days ago. May I seek an advice from you which company would be the best to buy shares as of this moment. Your reply will much appreciated.

Jeanne

22. Joanna Marey Fuerzas on June 28, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

Hello Joey,

Thank you for this. I’m just confused. What will happen next in the stock you bought from ALI which was not executed? Will your money lost forever?What happened after buying stocks? Is our money increases?Thank you so much.

• joey on July 7, 2014 at 11:10 pm said:

If the order was not executed, it would automatically be cancelled at the end of the trading day. Money will be returned to your Available fund.

After buying stocks, we wait till the value of the stocks appreciate. With TRC, we tell our members, we’ll invest for the long term (5 yrs or more).

23. Angelica D. Lagarde on July 7, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

Malu Velez on January 13, 2014 at 6:51 am said:
    I have the same problem as Malu here. (Icopy/pasted her question). But I didnt see your reply. I invested my initial 5K via EIP, 1 year, automatic. What do I do to change this to SAM?
    Thanks.

Hi! Ma’am Joey,
    Thanks
    Malu

• joey on July 7, 2014 at 11:07 pm said:

You may turn off your EIP if you’re a TRC member. We follow SAM, a totally different approach than peso-cos averaging. TRC serves as your guide so you don’t need to turn on the EIP scheduler. That’s for those without any guidance whatsoever. The scheduler will serve as their reminder to buy. But with TRC, we do have our daily SAM table, plus the alerts we get when it’s time to sell our stocks.

I think I did a tutorial here on how to turn the EIP off. But if it’s not here, just go to TRADE, EIP Scheduler, then View/Modify

24. Noli on July 29, 2014 at 6:05 pm said:

Hi Ms. Joey,

Today, I was on the tip of buying my first stocks but still searching on where & how I could start! So grateful and thankful for this God sent website of Bro Bo’s & yours! A very specific tutorial indeed..! I can start anytime now!

Thanks a lot! God bless you more.

Noli